Elevate Your Turkey Day: Must-Have Thanksgiving Color Schemes
Ah, Thanksgiving—the time of year when we all become self-proclaimed hosting experts and gather with family, all the while silently stressing about setting the perfect table (and not turning the turkey into a charcoal briquette). But fear not, it’s all part of the holiday tradition, and it doesn’t have to be a stress-fest. So, whether you’re a seasoned host or a rookie with more nerves than a turkey in November, relax. We’ve got the inside scoop on how to transform your dinner table into a masterpiece that even your hard-to-impress mother-in-law will adore.
Thanksgiving Color Schemes for Your Turkey Dinner
Who needs small talk when your table can do all the talking with the right choice of colors? Whether you’re a stickler for tradition or ready to embrace something bold and daring, your table can be the backdrop for your culinary masterpiece. In this guide, we’re diving headfirst into the fabulous world of color schemes, where imagination meets time-honored customs, and where your turkey might just have to step up its game to compete with your dazzling tablescape.
Jewel Tones: From Merlot to Sapphire
Jewel tones have been making a vibrant statement in 2023 and Thanksgiving is the perfect time to weave these rich hues into your table design. Luxe and opulent, these tones bring a touch of elegance to your festivities. Here’s how to incorporate Jewel Tones into your Thanksgiving decor:
- Sapphire Blue: Rich blues, like sapphire or navy, are a perfect way to introduce a deep tone to your tablescape. Montana Suede Navy is one of our top picks this season not only for its saturated blue hue, but its luxe suede texture.
- Ruby Red: Nothing is more statement making than vibrant red on a table and Montana Suede Lipstick is the perfect wow-factor for tablescapes. Whether you want to go all-out with a full linen or add a dash of color with a table runner, this beaut is sure to turn heads at your turkey dinner.
- Amethyst & Merlot: These enchanting hues, reminiscent of the deep purple gemstone and rich red wine, are often associated with royalty and regality and create a visual backdrop that complements the warmth of the holiday season. Infuse these tones into your tabletop with Mariposa Garden, which features a colorful tapestry-inspired print and a stonewashed finish, or our velvet Bouquet Lapis which features an abstract watercolor print in navy and violet hues. Pair with your favorite Velvet Napkin (we love Evergreen!) for an added punch of sophistication
- Citrine: With its warm and sunny hues reminiscent of the gemstone itself, the color Citrine brings a touch of autumnal cheer to your Thanksgiving table linens, evoking feelings of gratitude and abundance and making it an ideal choice for celebrating the harvest season with family and friends. Infuse this tone by way of our Velvet Marigold linens, napkins or runners and Callie Honey Napkins, and pair with your favorite printed linen like Denver Chestnut, Maisie Sunshine or Layla Floral.
For those who prefer a more traditional Thanksgiving look, Harvest Hues are timeless. These colors reflect the autumnal beauty of the season. Here’s how to create a Harvest Hues-inspired Thanksgiving tabletop:
- Warm Oranges: Embrace the classic pumpkin color with orange tableware or decorative gourds. For leaf peeping fanatics, our Layla Floral linen brings all the autumnal hues together in an abstract floral print that makes it a perfect choice for fall hosting. For a more tactile tabletop design, try our new Velvet Rust linen (also available in napkins and runners) or Canyon Rust linen. These sumptuous linens brings a sense of comfort and richness to your dining experience, making them a perfect backdrop for a gathering filled with delectable autumn delights.
- Sage + Brown: A sage and brown color scheme for your Thanksgiving tablescape is like a warm, earthy embrace, evoking a sense of serenity and rustic charm. The soft, muted greens of sage paired with rich, earthy browns create a harmonious and inviting setting, perfectly capturing the essence of the season. Achieve this color palette with our new Callie Olive Napkins or our Magnolia Fog table linen and napkins, which add an air of sophistication to any setting.
- Spice: This warm and earthy shade adds a dash of cozy elegance, setting the scene for a feast that’s as inviting as it is fabulous. Our new Velvet Hazel linen pairs with a variety of prints and patterns, like our Canyon Rust, Magnolia Fog or Denver Chestnut.
Introducing the unsung heroes of Thanksgiving tablescapes: muted neutrals. While vibrant colors may hog the spotlight, these subtle shades bring a touch of understated elegance to your holiday spread. Whether you want to add color with floral centerpieces or keep it simple with a monochromatic look, neutrals are a perfect option for keeping your tabletop simple, yet totally elegant.
- Ivory & Cream Picture a Thanksgiving table adorned with the timeless beauty of ivory and white hues, a visual feast that’s both classic and elegant. And in the spotlight, we have our newest star – the Sadie Scalloped Napkin. With its delicate scalloped shape and intricate eyelet embroidery, it adds an air of sophistication that’s simply irresistible. These napkins are like the elegant but quirky aunt at the family gathering – a delightful surprise that steals the show and leaves everyone talking!
- Zinc & Linen: A zinc and linen-colored color scheme for your Thanksgiving table linens is like a breath of fresh autumn air, effortlessly combining the cool, industrial charm of zinc with the warm, earthy tones of linen. For a traditional look that tows the line between rustic and cottage chic, use our Patchwork Zinc linen and runners or McKinley Linen for an elevated look. Want a more modern tablescape? Our Diem Grey linen features a sophisticated take on the classic diamond pattern, featuring fine lines and repeating geometric print that together create a sense of movement and depth.
Oct. 20, 2023